What to expect:
What to expect during the procedure is a complete consultation where we will review your health and medical history to ensure you are a suitable candidate to receive this treatment. After diagnosing the condition, our medical team will determine the type, number and position of Threads to place in the areas of concern and that will be required to achieve the desired results.
After disinfecting and anaesthetising the treatment areas, the PDO Threads are placed under the skin using a disposable cannula or micro-needle, which should be completely painless.
Treatment time varies depending on the condition being treated but generally is between 30 – 60 minutes, after which you will be able to resume your every day activities. If the lifting threads are used then results will be apparent immediately after the procedure. With all Thread types however, collagen production takes time and results will continue to improve over the following 2-3 months, lasting up to 2 years depending on the nature of the treatment provided. The Thread itself will dissolve completely after about 6 months.
Are there Potential side effects?
Immediately after treatment, the area will still be numb for several hours and you should not eat, drink or manipulate the area until you regain sensation. The treatment area may be red swollen and bleed briefly and there may be some bruising.
After the anaesthetic wears off, there may be some transient pain and discomfort, especially a tight pulling feeling if you have had a lifting procedure. These feelings usually ease within a week and can be controlled with paracetamol.
Thankfully, PDO Threads have been shown to be very reliable and safe, yet all medical and dental procedures have the potential to cause unwanted side effects/complications. While problems are rare, the most common issues come from the injection process rather that the threads and can include redness, swelling, itching, bruising, bleeding and skin infection.
Post Injection Instructions
Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
- When applying makeup, do not use brushes / sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush / sponge.
- Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
- Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
- Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
- Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
- Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
- There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
- If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
- Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
- Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
- No dental surgery for four weeks.
- Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
- Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
- In the very rare instance that you experience any thread extrusion after your treatment, simply pull the thread out and disregard.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: You will begin to see results within six weeks of your treatment. These results will continue to improve over the next 2–6 months as new collagen is produced.
A: Matrix Mono Threads help to create new collagen that supports your face and creates a tightening effect that lasts 6–12 months after your treatment. The results vary depending on lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol, exercise etc. It is recommended to have another Matrix Mono Thread treatment six months after the initial treatment to maintain the tightening effects.
A: Topical anaesthetic will be applied before the Matrix Mono Thread treatment, so you experience minimal discomfort during the procedure. You may experience a firm feeling and some tenderness in the area that has been treated for a few days after the procedure.
A: The time of the treatment will vary based on factors, such as the size of the area being treated, but will typically take anywhere between 30–60 minutes.
A: A Matrix Mono Thread treatment may produce swelling and bruising in the area that has been treated, which will subside after a few days.